Golf Betting & Odds
While there are several sports that compel you to become aggressive, cheer and shout at goals, there is this one game that asks you to be in all your senses. It asks you to focus, be calm and work on each and every muscle of yours to achieve what you want to. This serene game is none other than Golf.
Golf is a game that is played with a set of clubs, a white ball, a small target hole on the distant end and a lot of focus on the goal. The origin of this sport dates back to the days when the English had a major victory over the French at the Battle of Agincourt. The modern Golf has been in this form since the 15th century of Scotland. The game, however, became a popular sport in the 17th century when the first official tournament of the game was held. The British Open paved the way for several countries where the sport was being played. Official authorities were formed in the US and many more ‘Opens’ were being held across the world, US Open and British Open being the most popular ones.
The best part of these Opens was that they were open for people from all over the world. They were not restricted to professional players of the game. Such a wide acceptance of veterans and amateurs increased the sport’s popularity and brought it to everyone’s notice. Players who proved their skill on this level were then called for the World Golf Championship, where they would compete for the top position among the best.
Golf betting at Winissimo
Such immense acceptance of the sport made it a crowd favourite amid the bettors. Golf betting was soon a worldwide practice and when online betting was established, it became an integral part of all the top online sportsbooks.
Winissimo is one such top online sports betting that considers the feeling of all the enthusiastic Golf bettors. We provide an A to Z description of how you can bet and take advantage of Golf betting at our site. Brace yourself for the journey ahead!
How Winissimo helps as a Golf betting platform
Golf betting at Winissimo is going to be the best decision you have taken in recent time. We offer you with some of the best Golf odds to bet. We also provide you with tips to make the right decisions at the right time before and while you are into betting at Golf. We also provide some of the most secure banking methods so that you can easily place your bets and take home your hard-earned winnings. Find all about the game and its betting options below.
How to get started at Winissimo
To bet on your favourite sports of Golf, the first step is to learn about the game. The aim of any Golf game is to put the white Golf ball into the holes dug in the course in as fewer attempts as possible. However, it is not as basic as it sounds. The game is affected by several factors like the club the player is using to hit the ball, the venue at which the match is being played, and the type of game being played. Golf is basically played in two formats – stroke play and match play. Stroke play is the most common format that asks the player to put the ball in the hole in the least number of strokes. Match play, on the other side, asks the player/team to compete with other players/teams to put the balls in different individual holes with the least score. The team/player with the lowest score wins the game.
Now that you know about the factors that affect the game, the next step is to look for the betting odds and place your bet on the various markets available for betting. Betting odds, just like Soccer, depict the player/team that has a higher chance of winning the match due to its past record, personal and at the specific venue. We provide betting odds for all the different betting markets so that you can make the right choice of where do you want to place your bet. Some of the most popular betting markets in Golf are :
- Match bet – This is the most common betting market in any Golf tournament. All you need to do is place a bet on the player/team you think will win the upcoming match. You are given payout according to the betting odds of the competitors.
For example, if the betting odds in a match between Rod Pampling and Stephen Ames shows –
Rod Pampling – 1.83
Stephen Ames – 1.80
The chances of Stephen Ames winning the match is higher. If you place your bet on him, you will win an amount equal to the odds times of your stake. That is 1.80 x £100 (supposed bet amount) = £180.
The above-mentioned example applies for betting odds of all other betting markets.
- Outright bet – Outright bets are bets that give you result after the end of the tournament. You can place a bet on the winner on the tournament or the player with the least score after the tournament. This type of bet is good for people who love this sport and betting equally. Place your bets and watch the tournament take its twists and turns.
- In-play bet – You can also place a bet while the game is in progress. These bets are called live betting. The options available here are – the better first stroker and least scorer in the first stroke. All these options are available only when the game is in progress, so make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Over/under bet – This is one of the most famous online betting options, doesn’t matter if you are trying soccer betting or tennis. In Golf, you need to guess if the number of strokes a player will take to complete the objective will be higher/lower than the number given by us or not.
This is the two-step process of betting in Golf. Simple isn’t it? We, at Winissimo, have tried to keep the betting process as easy as possible. Make the deposit from our plethora of payment options beforehand and place your bets swiftly to enjoy Golf betting at its best.
Popular leagues for betting in Golf
Golf is full of different leagues happening across the globe. While you might be knowing about only the famous ones like the US Open, British Open and Ryders Cup. There are several other leagues where you can find some of the most exciting betting odds at our site. Listing down some of the best Golf leagues with the best betting odds:
- The Honda Classic
- Cologuard Classic
- The Open Championship
- USPGA Championship
- US Masters
- Oman Open
- Solheim Cup
- Golf Specials
- Ryders Cup
- US Open
- British Open
Mistakes that you should avoid in Golf betting
Golf betting is an exciting practice if you know the game well and understand what are the mistakes you should never commit. Betting is tempting and thus there are high chances of making the wrong decision during the adrenaline rush. Here are the mistakes you should avoid to have an optimum betting experience at Winissimo.
- Manage your bankroll. Never should a bettor place a bet that affects his daily life. This is why it is always suggested to keep a record of the money you brought with yourself for betting, the amount you won and the amount you lost. In this way, you can keep an eye on the money not affecting your normal life.
- Betting on the favourites according to the betting odds may seem like a safe option. However, it might not be the most beneficial one. Therefore, you must analyze the odds well before placing a bet in the game.
- The course on which the game is being played plays a big role in deciding the performance of any player. Some players are betting in long courses, while others are better in putting the ball in the hole in fewer strokes. The best way to find out these precise pieces of information is by keeping a personal track of the player you are placing your bet on.